Head Of Paid Media
We’re looking for an experienced and innovative Head of Paid Media to join our award-winning team at Propellernet.
Propellernet is a place where all people are celebrated and welcome, regardless of their age, disability, gender, lived experience, neurodiversity, race, religion, sexual orientation or social class.
You’ll lead the operational management and growth of our knowledgeable and experienced Paid Media department, coaching and developing a multi-disciplinary, hybrid and autonomous team. You’ll play an integral role in the formulation and delivery of our overall Paid Media offering, implementing consistent processes to support our growth ambitions across all channels and platforms. You’ll lead and deliver forward thinking and innovative Paid Media strategies across a varied client portfolio, working hands-on with at least one media client. You’ll sit on our Ops Board and have influence across the whole organisation with excellent communication, stakeholder management and leadership skills. You will work with your team and the marketing department to put Propellernet’s experienced team on the map for Paid Media
- At least 7 years’ Paid Media experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Passionate about Paid Media with an analytical mind and a knowledge of industry developments
- A strong background in pitching and up-selling paid media services
- An excellent and confident written and spoken communicator, able to consult and gain trust with clients and colleagues of all levels, leading and developing strong relationships
- Work closely with the strategy team to set and evolve the paid media strategy for selected clients and communicate it effectively to key stakeholders
- Receive and respond to client briefs to contribute towards our New Business targets with help from the relevant team members
- Ensure consistent ways of working across the team for all client deliverables such as reports, presentations and forecasts
- Own the workflow management and resourcing of the team, highlighting where freelance support is needed, booking and managing freelancers and planning for recruitment as required
- With a strong knowledge of GA4, analytics and attribution models, you can help clients and the team decide on how best to report and understand the client’s marketing performance
- Review existing operational processes with a focus on making efficiencies through automation and AI
- Consistently review competitor activity to benchmark performance
- Be responsible for team goals and budgets and be the commercially astute representative of the media team
- Own and work the platform relationships so we get the best support and are working on new Beta’s ahead of the competition
Culture & People
- Preserve the autonomy and flexibility the team have with how they approach their work
- Coach our experienced team of consultants to specialise, develop and grow in their roles
- Highlight areas of improvement or training needs through regular one to ones with your team and a knowledge of the industry
- Lead your team by example – be passionate, motivating and inspiring
Marketing & New Business
- Support new business initiatives, attending and leading in pitches to win Paid Media and full-service clients
- Make Propellernet famous for our media credentials
- Produce regular thought leadership pieces and lead the team’s marketing efforts to improve our visibility within the industry
Brand & Company Ambassador
- Be an advocate for new initiatives and innovations, playing an integral role in supporting your team to test and implement new ideas and techniques
- Show a keen interest and understanding of industry developments and best practice to ensure we drive continuous improvements
- Influence and educate at all levels of the organisation on the latest industry developments
- Pitch in with any other responsibilities as they arise
Our working policy is ‘work where you do your best work’, whether that’s in the office, at home, in a café or on a beach. We’re interested in the quality of the work you produce, not where you are while you’re doing it.
Our office is based in the city centre of Brighton with a view of Brighton Pavilion and a one minute walk from the beach. It’s set up with hot desks so that anyone who wants to work in the office can.
You’d be expected to travel to client or team meetings from time to time, and if you aren’t Brighton based, we do expect you to join your team a few times a month in office for face-to-face training and catch ups.
Salary: A good salary dependent on experience
Start Date: ASAP dependent on availability
Deadline for applications: 09.02.2024
- Flexible working
- Unlimited holiday
- Bupa Health cash plan
- £1k per employee Learning & Development fund: conference tickets, training courses, speaker events… you choose!
- Enhanced people support benefits (Sanctus coaching, WFH grant to set up your workstation, self-care fund to spend on your wellbeing, enhanced parental leave policies)
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter/email detailing why you think you’d be a perfect fit for this role to [email protected]
No agencies please.