Digital PR Specialist
We are looking for a Digital PR specialist with 1-3 years’ experience to join the award-winning Digital PR team here at Propellernet. Our Digital PR team creates unique and creative stories that get online media talking. We’ve launched a pumpkin spiced latte spa, found out what music people listen to during sex and released a new ‘dream job’ for our client where you get to eat cake.
Propellernet is a Brighton-based digital marketing agency that puts people and planet first and is proud to offer all employees flexible working, unlimited holiday, a yearly wellness fund, training and development budget, annual bonuses, ski trips and regular team and agency away days. Propellernet is a place where all people are celebrated and welcome, regardless of their age, disability, gender, lived experience, neurodiversity, race, religion, sexual orientation or social class.
This is a client-facing role and you’ll be involved with all aspects of campaign production – from coming up with creative ideas to securing coverage on some of the biggest websites in the world.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has between 1-3 years’ experience in a Digital PR, PR or content marketing role
- Shows a clear understanding of Digital PR, why we do it and what the benefits are
- Works well in a dynamic, creative and hard-working team
- Has a positive attitude and appetite to create, build and do, in order to make things happen
- Delivers excellent client communications whether over the phone, in a presentation or writing an email
- Has strong writing skills which they can apply to everything from writing press releases and onsite content to pitch emails to journalists
- Brings plenty of enthusiasm and creativity to ideas sessions, and never holds back when they think they have an amazing idea
- Has experience of working with and interpreting data to produce interesting stories
- Shares examples of great campaigns and industry trends with the team to demonstrate their knowledge and passion for the Digital PR and wider SEO industry
- Is constantly reading the news and enjoys staying on top of trends, pop culture and breaking stories
About the role:
Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for:
- Helping to create exciting and compelling Digital PR campaign ideas that appeal to a wide range of online media
- Working with data analysts, designers, photographers and videographers to create campaign assets
- Writing engaging press releases, onsite content and pitch emails
- Researching the best journalists and sites to pitch our stories to
- Pitching campaigns, products and expert comment to online journalists
- Building relationships with online journalists
- Reporting to clients on Digital PR results and their wider SEO and marketing impacts
- Assisting with new business pitches
Location: UK remote or Brighton-based
Our working policy is ‘work where you do your best work’, whether that’s in our Brighton office, at your home, in a café or on a beach. We’re interested in the quality of the work you produce, not where you are while you’re doing it.
Our office is based in the centre of Brighton with a view of Brighton Pavilion and is just a one-minute walk from the beach. It’s set up with hot desks so that anyone who wants to work in the office, can.
You’d be expected to travel to client or team meetings from time to time, and if you aren’t Brighton based, we do expect you to join your team at least once a month in the office for face-to-face training and catch ups – Zoom is great but it’s nice to hang out in person every now and then too!
Salary: £27,500 – £40,000 dependent on experience.
We’re a progressive, genuine and conscious business with three pillars of success:
People, Profit and Planet.
In 2021 we became a certified B Corp, meaning we “meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose”.
We have an incredible culture with perks including (but not limited to!):
- Unlimited holiday
- A paid day-off a month to focus on your own development
- £1k per year L&D fund to spend as you choose
- Private Bupa Health Cash Plan
- 5% contributory pension
- Monthly confidential coaching
- Life insurance
- Flexible working to help work fit around your personal life
- £25/month WFH costs support
- £600 a year self-care fund to spend on your health and wellbeing
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption leave and fertility treatment support
…and don’t just take our word for it, we’ve come Top 20 in the Great Place To Work Awards or Campaign’s Best Workplaces every year for the past 10 years.
How to apply
Send your CV with a covering email outlining why you fit the bill to: [email protected]
Strictly no recruitment agencies .